How can I get my own app?
We created Savor Live exclusively for our customers, as we believe your success is our success. If you are a current customer of Savor Brands, please sign up.
What qualifies as an existing Savor Brands customer?
You have ordered packaging with us previously.
What are the terms and conditions?
- Because of COVID-19, we are waiving the one-time $1,000 deposit. We will only charge a $300 registration fee to list your app on Google Play and Apple’s App Store. There is no charge to use our software, but standard credit card transaction and processing costs will apply for purchases conducted using the app.
- Once the Savor Live team begins the app onboarding process with you, you must activate your app and begin processing customer transactions within three months.
- To continue using your app after its initial year, customers are required to place a packaging order with Savor Brands at least once every two years.
- After the initial year of registration, there is a $300 annual administration and app licensing fee per app owner that will cover the annual costs required to keep the app on both the App Store on Apple and Google Play.
- If you have more than one location, there is a $300 one-time setup fee for each additional location (The Savor Live Team is diligently working on improving this function and has disabled it for the time being; will let everyone know when it is reactivated).
What if I’m not a Savor Brands customer?
If you have yet to purchase packaging from Savor Brands but would like a custom branded app, you can begin the process of creating your perfect package. You can create an account on My Savor to gain access to our design toolkit and dielines, review production procedures, request samples, submit artwork, and more. You can also contact us with any questions. Once we receive full payment on your packaging order and you become a Savor Brands customer, you are eligible to pay the $1,000 deposit and $300 registration fee for your app and secure your spot on our waitlist.You will then receive a $1,000 packaging credit on your Savor Brands account, provided you activate and use your app within three months of initial contact from the Savor Live onboarding team to begin your app customization.
Are you offering Savor Live globally?
Savor Live will be available to Savor Brands customers in the United States. However, we are already looking into opportunities to expand this globally into other regions outside of the US. Stay tuned!
How much will my custom-branded app cost if I am a Savor Brands customer?
We’re truly about helping our customers, and our goal is to provide a custom-branded app at no cost to you.
My own app for free? How is this possible? What does this cost?
Here is an overview:
- $1,000 one-time deposit (which you will receive back as a $1,000 packaging credit for Savor Brands as long as you activate and use the app within three months of initial contact from the Savor Live onboarding team); this includes one café/store roastery location [DEPOSIT TEMPORARILY WAIVED DUE TO COVID-19].
- $300 annual administration and app registration fee per app owner to keep it on Google Play and the App Store on Apple.
What if I have more than one location?
If you have more than one location, there is a $300 one-time setup fee for each additional location (The Savor Live Team is diligently working on improving this function and has disabled it for the time being; will let everyone know when it is reactivated).
What will I receive in return for my $1,000 app deposit*?
- A $1,000 packaging credit for your company’s Savor Brands account (provided you use the app for customer transactions within three months of the onboarding process) [DEPOSIT and PACKAGING CREDIT TEMPORARILY PUT ON HOLD DUE TO COVID-19]
- Access to our Savor Live Partner Portal (available in May 2020) where you can:
- Fully brand and launch your app with your logo, color schemes, imagery, drinks and modifiers, other items for sale, as well as promotional messaging
- Activate your E-Wallet to immediately receive customer funds and improve cash flow
- Manage and fulfill mobile orders to give your customers convenience
- Launch your Cash Back Loyalty program so you can reward your most loyal customers, engage new ones, and drive greater customer retention and revenue
- Access reporting and key metrics, monitor customer interactions and transactions, and gain insights from data to help you make informed marketing decisions
- Personalized onboarding and training from our Savor Live team to help you get your app up and running, beginning in May 2020 (Note: This timing is dependent on your placement in the waitlist.)
- Ongoing technical support for your app’s lifetime
- Access to new releases, features and bonuses as rolled out by Savor Live
*Customer will receive the above provided that they abide by the terms and conditions as previously noted.
How is my app registered?
Savor Live will work on your behalf to register on both app platforms (iOS and Android) and will be listed as the developer. If you would like to be listed as the developer, please inquire with our Savor Live team for additional requirements required by both Apple and Google.
How will my app be available?
Savor Live will publish your app on your behalf to Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
If the app is free, what’s in it for Savor?
As a Savor Brands customer, our software platform will be free for you to use. We truly believe your success is our success; providing a custom-branded app at no cost to you that’s built specifically for specialty coffee is a tool we feel will help empower you to engage your customers drive sales. Simply put, if you sell more coffee, we sell more packaging. Everyone benefits.
How is this different from other app services out there?
We’re offering an app that will be completely branded to your business, at no cost to you, with world-class design, with features including mobile payments and a Rewards program. We’ve focused on efficiency and offering the best UX – because when you have your customers’ attention, you want to do everything you can to provide the best possible experience.
I’m not a Savor Brands customer but the coffee I feature in my café is a Savor Brands customer. Can I get an app for my café?
Because of COVID-19, we are allowing cafés who serve our customers’ coffee to sign up for Savor Live. All you need to do is have them refer you. Please notate who you work with (Coffee Roaster and Contact) during sign up and we will put you on the association wait list.
When will my app be ready?
Savor Live will launch May 2020 exclusively for Savor Brands customers. Customers will be given onboarding support in the order in which they are waitlisted. To secure a spot on the waitlist, you must be an existing client of Savor Brands.Once the onboarding process begins, the time it takes to customize your app is up to you – you decide to what level you would like to customize your app using our Savor Live Partner Portal and to what length of detail. You can keep the customization process simple or spend a little more time – it’s your app and entirely up to you.After finalization of your app design, products and other features of the app, we submit it to the iOS and Android platform for approval. The process takes one to two weeks.
Who is processing the mobile payments for my app?
ProPay, a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Payments (NYSE: GPN) is our payment processing partner. They are a leader in payment data security and facilitates the payments in your app. Since 1997, ProPay has provided simple, secure and affordable payment solutions for organizations across industries.
What kinds of credit card payments will be accepted?
ProPay accepts all credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
What are your mobile payment processing fees?
The rates provided are extremely competitive and will be provided to you during the onboarding process.
How is my company’s and my customers’ data protected? What about encryption?
Your data and your customers’ security are of the utmost importance. We are designing our system to take advantage of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, which means you benefit from a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. Savor Live does not have access to your individual customer transaction data.
How much does the Loyalty program cost?
There is no cost to the cash back loyalty program you offer to our customers.
How does the Loyalty program work?
You can opt-in to turn on your loyalty program where customers automatically receive cash back for their purchases. Our software empowers you to designate the amount you want to give back. For example, you can give customers 3% cash back for everything they spend. Customers do not earn rewards when they spend their rewards.
What about augmented reality (AR) for my coffee packaging? Will that be integrated into my app?
Yes, absolutely. As you may have seen in our Pono bag series, we recognize how AR can bring your packaging and brand to life. We’re already working to bring you the future of packaging and the latest technology innovations to help you transform your customers’ experience, engage them in new ways, and educate them on the high-quality products you produce. We’ll share more updates in this key feature as we advance our development.
I have a coffee subscription program or want to launch one. Can I do that in my app?
Yes, we are already building a coffee subscription platform into the Savor Live Partner Portal so that you can easily create and manage these subscriptions for your customers, who benefit from receiving freshly roasted coffee at the frequency they select. We’ll be sure to let you know once this feature is available.
Will I be able to ship products through my app?
Yes, we are working on this feature so that you will be able to ship your coffee, merchandise or other products to your customers wherever they are and reach them beyond your location(s).
Will my app integrate with any of my existing systems?
We created Savor Live to supplement your existing POS and are working on an all-inclusive system to let you consolidate to one ecosystem in the future.